The Swiss Franc - Skieur
The Swiss Franc - Skieur
Welcome to the Swiss Franc collection: a series of classic, rugged, wholly designed, built and tested in Switzerland timepieces, with just a dash of cheeky French flair.
The "Skieur" (skier) model is Atelier Vaucher's twist on the classic military design. The result is a watch that looks eye-catching and completely contemporary, yet still keeps the original's legibility for use during field operations. If you're the kind of person who enjoys days at the beach or on the slopes, this is the Swiss Franc for you!
The watch looks great in the day-time, but turn the lights off and you'll see the trick up the Swiss Franc's sleeve: the Super Luminova used on each and every index lights up brightly, meaning you'll always know exactly what time it is, no matter how late into the night your adventures go.
The case is a perfectly-sized 38 mm, which will work just as well in 50 years as it does now on both a man or a woman's wrist.
The chiseled crown guards will protect your watch and ensure that it is ready for any activity, whether that's a hike in the woods or a particularly rowdy play-session with your children in the park!
At the front of the case is an extremely hard, domed sapphire crystal, which gives the watch a vintage sensibility while giving it the scratch resistance of a very modern material.
Turning the watch over, the see-through caseback will allow you a fantastic view of the movement powering this watch.
The SW-200 movement is made by a company called Sellita (headquartered in the famed Swiss watchmaking region of La Chaux-de-Fonds), and is based on a tried-and-tested design. This is a workhorse movement that, with proper care, will last long enough for you to pass the watch down several generations!
Other companies selling watches at this price would opt for the lowest grade, but not Atelier Vaucher, where from the very beginning the aim was to offer nothing less than the best for the money.
The "Top" level movement in the Swiss Franc provides superior features in both form and function.
From a decorative standpoint, on the rotor you'll find the "Côtes de Genève" (Geneva Waves) pattern, as well as "perlage" (engine turning). The screws - usually metallic grey - are a deep blue color, which provides a beautiful accent to contrast with the red rubies.
From a functionality standpoint, the balance wheel (the main timekeeping component) is made out of a special material called Glucydur, which provides superior resistance against the effects of magnetism and temperature.
- The screw-down crown, enabling water resistance up to 200 m, ensures that your Swiss Franc can transition to any environment and take almost anything you subject it to
- The domed sapphire crystal has a layer of anti-reflective coating on both the inside and outside, contributing to the dial's excellent legibility
- Premium leather strap is made in France (Swiss "Franc", get it?), and with age and use will soften and develop a patina unique to you
- If the provided strap isn't for you, drilled lug holes allow you to swap it out easily for your favorite(s)
- Each watch is designed, built, assembled and tested (for both timekeeping and water resistance) near Geneva, Switzerland
Atelier Vaucher has partnered with GVA Montres - an established manufacturer in the Swiss watch industry - to build the Swiss Franc timepieces.
This means that even though Atelier Vaucher is a young brand, your Swiss Franc is born from years of expertise and is backed by a manufacturer's warranty that's as solid as the watches themselves!
The details of this warranty are as follows:
- Under "normal usage" conditions, the construction of your watch (excluding the movement, which is covered by Sellita), is covered free-of-charge for 3 years
- In the unlikely event that anything should happen to your watch (excluding the movement) past that point that affects its performance, GVA Montres guarantees the ability to provide at-cost servicing for a total of 10 years
Please note that as a matter of course, mechanical watches should be serviced every 4-5 years by a qualified watchmaker to ensure their continued, proper functioning.
- By clicking on "Pre-Order Now" you are placing a pre-order for your Swiss Franc
- Before the campaign closes, you are free to cancel your pre-order for a full refund
- Once the campaign has closed, your credit card will be charged and no refunds will be granted
- Your watch will ship approximately 4 months from campaign closure
- Updates will be provided periodically to inform you of the progress of your watch